Monday, September 21, 2009

Curtain Call (For Now)

So that's it for the time being. Due to the costs of racing and the fact I got engaged recently and may be moving, I probably wont be back in a racing car for a while. I've enjoyed my time racing a legend immensely as it's a purebred racing machince that even when driven a few seconds off the pace is still a huge amount of fun and one of the ultimate adrenaline rushes. I'll always have a number of fond memories racing them, especially in my rookie season in '07 when I seemed to be much closer to the pace and had some great battles.

The only regret I have is the accident in August last year - my return in '09 has been somewhat blighted by this as I've been a bit more restrained in my driving style to the point that even though I've felt I've been flat-out, I've been quite some way slower than I once was which has been a little disappointing. Still, it's always been fun!

So it's farewell for now but maybe I'll be able to put on a racesuit and gloves in something else at some point in the future, wherever I end up!

No comments: