Monday, April 09, 2007

The Day After The Day Before

Slept for 11 hours last night (my body isn't used to that sort of pummelling!) and feeling a bit bruised around the shoulders where the belts were digging in a bit but still happy - in reflection I can't think how my day could have improved much more. Avoided being lapped (just) in my first ever race, finished 10 seconds ahead of being lapped in the second and if it hadn't been for my silly spin in the final I think I could have kept it on the lead lap again, despite the extra two laps distance. As it was I did indeed get lapped but managed (I think - no-one came and shouted at me afterwards!) to stay out of the way of the leading cars. My lap times were actually slower than the testing day on Saturday, but that was down to me not being quite as experimental - I really wanted to make it to the chequered flag in all three races and I'm happy I achieved that with only one mishap all day.

Bit of a come-down that the next round isn't until May 27th as I'm definitely wanting more - going on a bit of a road-trip down to Silverstone in a few weeks for the FIA GT/90's Revival meeting so that'll break it up a bit but I'm wanting to get back out on track to try and shave off some time to start trying to catch up a bit to my fellow newcomers.

Here's a pic of my spin in the third race just starting to happen (as taken by Blair Murdoch) - click for a larger version:


No comments: