Monday, April 30, 2007

Tumbleweed

The problem with the huge gap between the first and second rounds of the Championship (still 4 weeks away) is that it leaves me with not too much to say here.

Motorsport related - going on a road trip "abroad" to see the FIA GT meeting at Silverstone next weekend - the main event should be good but I'm most looking forward to the SRO 90's Revival races with the stupidly expensive and powerful GT1 and GT2 cars from the mid-90s which I loved when I first got into motorsport. Add to that a team is running a pair of Ford GTs in the supporting GT3 Championship which is going to have about fifty entries from eleven Supercar manufacturers and you couldn't keep me away with a large pointy stick. No GT Championships come north of the border these days since the British GT Championship decided that France and Belgium have been added to Britain so I'm looking forward to it.

Beyond that, trying to squirrel away as much extra money for my own racing as possible. I actually have enough to complete the season at the moment (not counting any major car damage...) but I don't want to blow all my savings so I'm putting as much into the fund as I can.

Final thing - we've been blown off by Setanta, unfortunatley - they've decided (as do most things, be it Championships, TV companies, whatever) that coming up to Scotland to cover the BTCC round in September isn't necessary and are going to show some overpaid guys in shorts falling and rolling around instead. They're only going to show highlights of the Touring Car races themselves, not the full day live including the supports so there's no TV coverage of that race for the legends now. :(

No comments: