Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mad day...

Just about ready to head for the track for race day - weather forecast is awful but it seems okay-ish so far out there. I'm 30 miles north of the track though so you never know what conditions await...

After the chaos of my working day (truck from Glasgow carrying the stuff I deliver left late and then broke down at Stirling so I had to drive from Dundee where I would normally meet him and then out to Stirling, get the stuff and get going) things seemed to be ok, with the first session starting at 15.40 I had plenty of time. Cue arrival of text from Aly Hunter at 10.30 while I'm in Elgin saying Legends have changed to 14.00 and 16.00.... Fly down road, grab stuff and get changed in Perth and barrell to track! Made it with 15 minutes to spare.

Made sense to change the times in the end - we were due to test with the XR2s and that would have been a bit busy so instead we were out at the same time as the Historic Sportscars which was interesting. Having an expensive Ecurie Ecosse Tojeiro Jaguar roar past you on the straight was an experience!

First session was a bit mixed, had a double 360 spin at the chicane but then latched on to Carol Brown who was going to show me a few lines and so on. Second session was great - I tried straight-lining a few corners to stop "turning so much" which I was told was losing me a lot of time and sure enough, it felt good. Ended the day feeling really good about things. The weather was nice and sunny though, don't think that'll be the case today!

No timing, sadly - hopefully if we get a bit of dry running today I can see if I've improved my times yet.

No comments: