Friday, May 18, 2007

Getting there...

Thankfully the long wait will soon be over - a week tomorrow I'll be rushing back down from Inverness (in a totally law-abiding and safe fashion of course) to get to Knockhill for the Saturday practice sessions. My job has me up at about 01.30 am (yes, in the morning...) Tuesday to Saturday and I usually get back home at mid-day. Assuming there are no delays I have plenty of time to have a bite to eat and head to the track as the first practice session is generally around about 14.00 but via the medium of Sod's Law it's safe to say I'll get away a little late that day and be in a blind panic to make it to the track on time. :) Timetables and so on for next week to follow as they become available.

Saw the TV show with the first round a couple of days ago - managed to miss it when it was on as I was down at Silverstone (had a good time there - the racing was good but was a bit disappointed in how International events seem to treat the fans more like an irritation than anything else) and the timer didn't work but got a DVD copy from another Knockhill racer. Only made it on screen once (which is once more than expected!) when I had my spin, but it was cool to get a namecheck and at least the commentator made it clear it was my first meeting so at least everyone watching knew I was a rookie! Was going to try and rip the 20 odd seconds of footage out and put it on Youtube for people to snigger at but I've no idea how!

No comments: