Friday, May 25, 2007

Round 2

Practice day tomorrow for the second round of three races on Sunday. Looking forward to hitting the track again tomorrow afternoon (sessions are at 15.30 and 17.40 for the legends) to see if I can pick up a bit of pace. Can't remember offhand exactly what my best time so far has been but I believe it was a high 66 second lap. Would love to get a 65 something this weekend but low 66s is probably more realistic. Been giving a lot of thought to how I was driving at the first round and it was pretty conservative for the most part - going to try being a bit braver in the praccy sessions.

Weather for Saturday is ok (bit dull but supposed to stay dry) but I don't think there will be any progression in lap times on Sunday - it's looking like it's going to be at least showery, if not raining most of the day. That'll make for some interest! If it is indeed wet I'll be concentrating on staying on the black stuff, regardless of how much slower I end up being. If I play my cards right and simply finish there could be some decent results in the offing if a few people end up off track and beached in the gravel. Add to that there are 18 cars on the initial entry list compared to the 21 (20 ran) last time and hopefully I'll get a few more points this time!

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Good luck mate