Saturday, August 11, 2007

Knockhill? Nope - Delhi in the monsoon season...

Showed up at Knockhill to run the afternoon test sessions today - it had been raining increasingly heavily as the morning went on and it really started coming down as I left Perth to head to the track - when I got there it was VERY wet.

The first session was fully wet, it was pretty good fun and I spent the time testing what I could and couldn't do at certain corners - had one moment when two other cars came up behind me side by side into the hairpin and as I changed down to second gear I got nothing at all... tried again and second snatched too hard and threw me sideways - caught it but the two cars had to take avoiding action on either side of me through the turn!

The second session saw some really heavy rain get going just before we went out - it really hammered down. The session got wetter and wetter until eventually the red flag was requested by Aly Hunter and was duly thrown. What with the Minis testing on track at the same time and obviously handling the conditions better, it was difficult to do much more than keep out of the way and just make the most of testing in those conditions just in case it's like that tomorrow... should be "interesting" if it is!

No comments: