Sunday, August 05, 2007

Speedfair Races

Forgot to update this... Speedfair races went okay, I ran with the main grid just to get a dry-run at having a go with having to deal with faster guys coming by me in time for the next Championship round next weekend. The Saturday race took place in really nasty, greasy conditions and I started third. Through the first few corners the car felt terrible, I don't think I warmed the brakes up properly before the start, indeed on the run up to Clark I lost the car under-braking and ploughed into the gravel. Marshalls pushed me out and I got going again but was now a lap down. The car continued to feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the race, I knew I was rattled after the off but under any kind of braking or accelaration I felt like I was going to go off track. Finished 15th of 15, two laps down.

On Sunday it was noticed I had a rear tyre going down which I'm sure must have played a part as when that was fixed the second race was much better. Started sixth and narrowly avoided a crash between Mark Lees and Carol Brown that almost swept me off track with them and settled into following Jason Ogg after he passed me. Was pretty happy with getting through two race starts in the field and finished 14th of 16.

Next up is the Championship round on August 12th - I'll be starting in the pack. Booked in to test on Saturday afternoon as well so it'll be a busy weekend.

No comments: